Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Grant County makes its employment decisions without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, sex, retaliation, religion, marital status, age, association with protected classes, sexual orientation, gender identity, prior industrial injury, mental or physical disabilities unrelated to job performance, veterans, or any other protected class under federal or state law. Grant County is a Drug-Free Workplace and complies with the Oregon Smoke-Free Workplace law. Candidates who are provided a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a criminal history records check. Those candidates who will be in a safety sensitive position will be subject to a pre-employment drug test. Those candidates who will be required to hold a driver’s license will be subject to a pre-employment DMV records check to ensure a safe driving record.
This application will be considered only for this specific job. It will not be retained for future positions. If you desire to be considered for a position at a future time, you must file a new application. If hired, this application will become part of your permanent personnel file.
If permission to contact you at work.
An email address where information regarding this application may be sent.
If now in high school, include present term.
Describe specialized training, military service, job-related skills, other related skills, and professional licenses and certificates that you consider relevant to the position for which you are applying.
Beginning with your present / most recent job, describe your work experience during the past 10 years. List any experience related to the duties of the position for which you are applying. Include any non-paid or volunteer work that might apply.
If you are given a conditional offer of employment, present and past employers will be contacted.
List three professional references, other than family, who are familiar with your work experience and job performance.
If hired, you will be required to submit identification in accordance with the Immigration and Naturalization
A job description detailing the essential functions and duties of the job for which you are applying is attached.
I hereby certify that the information contained in this application contains no misrepresentations or falsifications, and that the information given is true and complete to the best of my knowledge and belief. I fully understand that misrepresentations or an omission of fact in this application is cause for disqualification of this application and/or dismissal from employment. I fully understand the requirements for employment with Grant County as contained in this application.
I authorize Grant County, OR, to make any and all necessary inquiries or investigations to verify or supplement the information contained herein. I also specifically authorize any past employer, education, or other person with knowledge of my work history, to release to Grant County, any information requested to determine my qualifications and fitness for the position I am seeking.
Further, I release Grant County and all individuals giving or receiving information from any liability or damage whatsoever which may result from furnishing the requested information. An unsigned application is considered an incomplete application.
An incomplete application will not be accepted. Complete the attached Veterans’ Preference form if applicable.
Under Oregon law, veterans who meet minimum qualifications for a position may be eligible for employment preference. If you think you may qualify, please read the following checklist carefully. Check the box for each item that is appropriate. If you need further explanation of specific questions, please contact Grant County Human Resources at 541-575-0059.
You may claim veterans’ preference if you check at least one of the boxes below and provide proof by submitting a copy of your DD‐214 or 215 that reflects your “Honorable” separation status from Active Duty.
Preference will not be applied unless you submit the appropriate documentation at the time you submit your application materials.
1. I served on active duty with the Armed Forces of the United States for a period of more than
90 consecutive days beginning on or before January 31, 1955, and was discharged or released under honorable conditions.
2. I served on active duty with the Armed Forces of the United States for a period of more than
178 consecutive days beginning after January 31, 1955, and was discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions.
3. I served on active duty with the Armed Forces of the United States for 178 days or less and was discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions because of a service‐connected disability.
4. I served on active duty with the Armed Forces of the United States for 178 days or less and was discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions and have a disability rating from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs.
5. I served on active duty with the Armed Forces of the United States for at least one day in a combat zone and was discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions.
6. I received a combat or campaign ribbon or an expeditionary medal for service in the Armed Forces of the United States and was discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions.
7. I am receiving a nonservice‐connected pension from the United States Department of
Please check the options that apply to you.
“Active Duty” does not include attendance at a school under military orders, except schooling incident to an active enlistment or a regular tour of duty, or normal military training as a reserve officer or member of an organized reserve or National Guard unit.
You may claim additional preference as a disabled veteran if you can check at least one box in the section below and provide proof of eligibility by submitting both of the following documents:
(1) A copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (a Federal DD form 214/DD form 215 that reflects your “honorable” separation status. And (2) A public employment preference letter from the United States Department of Veterans Affairs, unless the information is already included in your DD 214/215.
You can order a preference letter by calling the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 800-827-1000. Preference will not be applied unless you submit the appropriate documentation at the time you submit your application.
1. I am entitled to disability compensation under laws administered by the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
2. I was discharged or released from active duty for a disability incurred or aggravated in the line of duty.
3. I was awarded the Purple Heart for wounds received in combat.
I hereby claim veterans’ preference and certify that the above information is true and correct. I understand that any false statements or misrepresentations made by me may be cause for my disqualification or dismissal, regardless of when discovered.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field