Change of name

Original Change of Name forms must be completed and submitted in person to the Grant County Clerk along with the applicable filing fee. Petitions for change of name must be signed in the presence of a Notary Public.

You can obtain change of name forms directly from the County Clerk's Office or by selecting from the following forms:

Instruction Form

Adult Change of Name Petition

Adult Change of Name Judgment

Minor Change of Name Petition

Minor Declaration of Notice

Minor Change of Name Judgment

Minor Notice of Change of Name Petition

other probate forms

Probate forms (other than name change) are available locally at Radio Shack, 139 E. Main Street, John Day, OR 97845 or online at

Recording cover sheet

You can obtain a recording cover sheet here.