The Grant County Senior Center serves as a venue for many activities and provides lunch at the site for seniors on a regular basis.
The Grant County Senior Program goals are to establish linkages within the community in order for seniors and disabled persons to meet their daily survival needs and remain in their homes in a safe and healthy environment for as long as possible. We do this by:
- Accepting referrals from Senior and Disability Services, Food and Friends, other agencies, neighbors, churches or friends.
- Making appropriate referrals or contacts to address the particular need of a senior.
- Networking with Senior and Disability Services for a joint visit or sharing information that would benefit a senior.
- Educational presentations, seminars, trainings and Living Well classes for seniors and their families, anywhere throughout Grant County.
- Referring low-income residents to other available programs such as heating assistance, weatherization, rental assistance, housing, medical equipment and supplemental food assistance through the food banks.
Senior meals calendar
- Mondays at 12pm: John Day Senior Center
- Tuesdays at 12 pm: Monument Senior Center
- Wednesdays at 12 pm: Prairie City Senior Center
- Thursday at 12 pm: John Day Senior Center
*All senior centers above offer Thai Chi classes at 12:30 pm following senior meals. For home-delivered meals, please contact Angie.
If you know someone who needs assistance, or need assistance yourself, we encourage you to contact us at 541-620-3014 so we can arrange help.
For general information regarding the Aging and Disability Resource Connection of Oregon (ADRC) please visit their website at www.ardcoforegon.org. For specific information about Grant County residents, please email Angie.