The Grant County Road Department provides public works services that promote public safety, support local economic opportunities, and benefit the residents of Grant County.
The Road Department is responsible for the development, operation, and maintenance of the County road system. The Road Department’s services include:
- Road and Bridge maintenance
- Emergency response to roadway hazards
- Routine road maintenance (such as chip sealing and pothole patching)
- Snow and ice control
- Traffic signing and striping
Engineering & Administration
Additionally, engineering and administration services are provided for contract management of pavement preservation and capital improvement projects, regulation of work within the public road right of way, and review of countywide planning and land use issues related to transportation.
Fleet Purchasing & Maintenance
The purchase and maintenance of fleet and heavy equipment needed to perform road maintenance functions are also the responsibility of the Road Department.
The Road Department is also responsible for a number of non-road services that are funded outside of dedicated road funds. These services include:
- Coordinating with the County Surveyor’s Office to provide for the review and filing of all land surveys within the County and the preservation of public land corners
- Countywide noxious weed control
- Services for other agencies - providing a variety of maintenance services (such as chip sealing and paint striping) to cities, other counties, the Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).