Evacuate immediately if told to do so.
- Take your disaster supplies kit
- Listen to the radio for emergency instructions
- Wear protective clothing and sturdy shoes
- Make sure to lock your home and use travel routes specified by the authorities
- Don't use shortcuts or break barricades
Shutting off Utilities
If instructed to do so, and you have time, shut off water, gas and electricity.
Let others know when you left and where you're going.
Make arrangements for pets. Animals may not be allowed in public shelters.