Discovery is the pretrial process by which one party discovers the evidence, such as police reports that will be relied upon in the trial by the opposing party.
Requesting a Copy of a Police Report or Other Discovery
- If you have an attorney, or if you are planning to hire an attorney, your attorney must request the police report
- Discovery must be requested in writing
- Discovery is available the day before the arraignment date and must be requested at least 24 hours in advance (Arraignment - a court appearance in which a defendant is made aware of the charges against them and advised of their rights. This is usually the first court appearance after a person is cited or arrested)
- Payment is required at the time of pickup (see the fee schedule)
- Only the defendant may request and pickup discovery
Please contact our office to request discovery. We require a Letter of Representation along with the request for discovery in writing. We do accept fax requests, however discovery documents are not faxed in return.
- Audio and Photo CD: $10
- DVD: $10
- Police Reports:
- Misdemeanor / Violation or Probation Violation cases: $20
- Non M-11 Felony cases: $35
- M-11 Felony cases: $50
- USB: $15